November 11, 2014: Crain's Detroit Business reports on Online Tech opening its fourth data center in the Michigan with a $10 million investment.
Ann Arbor, Michigan – November 11, 2014 – Online Tech is celebrating its 20th year in the technology industry. While important to look back and recognize significant milestones, this Michigan success story is busy looking ahead. OnlineTech has spent 2014 laying the groundwork for its next decade. The company recently opened its first out-of-state data center, in Indianapolis, Indiana. On December 2, it will open its fourth Michigan data center, and fifth in the Midwest. By establishing itself as the leading expert in secure, compliant, enterprise hosting, Online Tech has positioned itself to continue its rapid growth.
Job Title: Director of Sales
Company: Online Tech LLC.
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Market Overview: InfoPro Research shows the cloud computing marketing will grow 36% annually to $19.5 billion by 2016. Online Tech, one of the Midwest’s leading hosting providers, is poised to take advantage of this significant growth. Online Tech is a leader in secure, compliant, enterprise-class hosting. We deliver a full range of hosting solutions from colocation to private cloud computing from our five audited data centers across the Midwest.
Job Overview: Help grow the client base for one of the fastest growing, most highly regarded high tech companies in the Midwest. As the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for implementing sales strategies and managing our sales team to achieve our revenue goals. This position requires a sales-savvy, highly-energetic person with experience in B2B technical sales to lead the company’s sales efforts. This full-time position is based in our Ann Arbor headquarters and reports directly to our Co-CEO.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the sales team for one of the fastest growing secure hosting companies in the Midwest, influence the sales and go-to-market strategy and have a direct impact on the company’s success.
What We’re Looking for: A highly energetic “A player” Sales Director who is adept in all aspects of B2B sales with extensive experience managing teams and processes to achieve the companies revenue goals. You will play a key role in guiding the sales team in achieving its goals and will be fully engaged with the rest of the leadership team, including our board of directors, to help us build one of the great Midwest success stories.
• Deliver accurate sales forecasts and develop sales plans to achieve the company wide sales goals on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis.
• Recruit, train, evaluate, and manage the Online Tech sales team needed to achieve Online Tech’s long-term revenue goals.
• Coach and train the sales team to help them achieve their sales goals and continuously improve their sales & technical selling skills.
• Create sales playbook and guidelines that the team can follow to drive new business.
• Track & manage the sales process from lead generation, opportunity identification, qualification, solution proposal and final sales negotiation.
• Develop, manage and nurture business partnerships essential in achieving Online Tech’s long-term strategy.
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas aligned with Online Tech’s business objectives.
• Manage technical solution development through the sales engineering team.
• Assure a consistent message used by the entire sales team as we communicate to prospects and clients.
• Track and manage the sales performance through our CRM system to deliver consistent metrics and early performance indicators of the sales team ability to achieve its goals.
• Oversee the sales incentive compensation administration.
• Report on the competitive landscape to the rest of the company.
• Other duties as assigned to help the Online Tech team achieve its objectives.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field.
• At least 5 years of sales leadership experience managing teams selling IT technology to enterprise and mid-market companies, including budget responsibility, hiring, performance evaluation, salary setting, and related activities.
• Proven success leading sales team in consistent sales quota achievement
• Experience in hardware, software, professionals services/solutions sales and/or data network services sales.
• Depth and breadth in understanding of the IT industry (cloud services and data center experience strongly desired).
• Experience driving and tracking sales metrics through a CRM system (Salesforce.com preferred).
• Team motivator with strong work ethic and a “can-do” positive attitude.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience.
Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus, potential share of equity proceeds, 401(k), health insurance, and other benefits.
Job Title: Systems Administrator (Midnights)
Location: Flint, Michigan
About Us: Gartner predicts the cloud services market to grow by 18.5% this year to approximately $131 billion worldwide. Online Tech, one of the Great Lakes’ leading secure cloud services and colocation data center providers, is poised to take advantage of significant growth in demand across the region. Online Tech owns and operates five premium data centers (150,000 SF of mission critical space), and focuses on high availability, compliance, and security. Online Tech helps clients manage their growing IT demand with a full range of solutions from colocation to multi-tenant cloud to private cloud computing in independently-certified SSAE 16, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI, and Safe Harbor compliant environments.
Job Overview: The main job of any Windows Systems Administrator is maintaining the health and security of all Windows operating systems hosted within OT. We maintain all user access, rights, and permissions, and we provide technical expertise when needed. In addition, we respond to clients’ telephone, email, and ticketing system requests for additions, removals, and configuration changes to core operating systems and their functionality. Throughout the team, we also build, deploy, and architect all of the new systems that are coming on-line for new clients.
What We’re Looking for: A highly energetic “A” player who creates a win-win environment with highly developed technical, people, analytical, and leadership skills. Our ideal candidate will fully engage by contributing great ideas and maintaining the highest standards of client focus and accountability to help us build one of Michigan’s success stories. This is a full-time exempt (salaried) position, working on the midnight shift, Tuesday through Saturday, at our Flint data center. This position reports to our Director of Client Services.
• Effectively and efficiently manage client issues by resolving issues and providing best-in-class client service
• Monitor and administer backup, logging, and other security/uptime systems
• Provide reports and metrics as needed to support operations requirements analysis and growth planning
• Work effectively as a key member of client service team, including meeting deadlines, working respectfully with clients and co-workers, providing high-quality solutions, and using ticketing system efficiently and effectively to manage client problems and needs
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Background:
• 3+ years of client support experience with a passion to serve clients well
• 3+ years of supporting Windows servers
• 2+ years of experience with virtualization software (VMware preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to work calmly and well under pressure and within short time constraints
• Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills over the phone, e-mail, ticketing systems, and documentation
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or a junior college degree with equivalent experience, or equivalent years of progressively-responsible work experience
• Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation (once every ~six weeks)
• Occasional travel, primarily among data centers (mileage reimbursed), 1-2 times/month
• U.S. citizenship or U.S. lawful permanent residency required
• At least a year of experience in a corporate data center environment supporting multiple operating systems, virtual servers, and applications
• Experience provisioning Windows 2008 servers in an enterprise environment
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system 2003-2012 and ESX 4.0/4.1 (vSphere)
• Solid knowledge and experience with TCP/IP services such as SMTP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, and Mail
• Experience with LDAP servers and infrastructure is a plus
• Linux experience (especially Red Hat, CentOS) is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to document and share/communicate proposed changes openly with other team members
• Demonstrated ability to restore service rapidly, using logical troubleshooting methodologies, including after-hours calls
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus, 401(k), health insurance, and other benefits.
October 1, 2014: Matt Roush of Technology Century reports on Online Tech opening its fifth data center in the Midwest and its first outside of Michigan.
September 28, 2014: Dan Munro of Forbes reports on "Is Anyone Really 'HIPAA' Compliant In Healthcare?" with a quote from Online Tech Co-CEO Mike Klein.
Indianapolis, Indiana and Ann Arbor, Michigan – October 1, 2014 – Online Tech opens its first data center in downtown Indianapolis today. The 44,000 square foot facility provides Indiana companies secure and multi-compliant options for cloud, colocation and disaster recovery infrastructure. The Indianapolis data center, Online Tech's fifth in the Midwest, becomes the first to offer businesses secure and compliant cloud computing in Indiana.
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Flint, Michigan; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Indianapolis, Indiana
Gartner predicts the cloud services market to grow by 18.5% this year to approximately $131 billion worldwide. Online Tech, one of the Great Lakes’ leading secure cloud services and colocation data center providers, is poised to take advantage of significant growth in demand across the region. Online Tech owns and operates five premium data centers (150,000 SF of mission critical space), and focuses on high availability, compliance, and security. Online Tech helps clients manage their growing IT demand with a full range of solutions from colocation to multi-tenant cloud to private cloud computing in independently-certified SSAE 16, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI, and Safe Harbor compliant environments.
What We’re Looking For: A highly energetic “A” player who creates a win-win environment with highly developed technical, people, analytical and leadership skills. Our ideal candidate will fully engage by contributing and maintaining the highest standards of client focus and accountability to help us build one of Michigan's success stories. This is a full-time exempt (salaried) position working the day shift reporting to our Director of Infrastructure.
Job Overview: An Online Tech, the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for influencing, engineering and delivering the next generation of enterprise and datacenter networks for Online Tech and its clients. The ideal candidate is an expert problem solver, driven to find better solutions and solve harder problems through the combination of passion and adrenaline. He/she is a technical leader, being the expert in network technologies, mentor to other staff members and advisor to Online Tech's management. We seek an engineer to help build up, automate and expand our infrastructure to support the next generation of enterprise class services.
Skills and Background:
Recent Press Releases: